HISTORY

On December 19th, 1890, Kenly Presbyterian Church was established in a store building in downtown Kenly with only twelve members.  By 1909, a small white church was standing on the lot where the present church stands.  Kenly Presbyterian Church helped to organize White Oak Presbyterian Church in 1918 and built the manse, which is now our current education building, in the early 1920’s.  In the September of 1929, the present brick structure was dedicated.  Over thirty-five ministers, student pastors, supply ministers and lay pastors have served the church for the past 120 years.  The loyal members of Kenly Presbyterian Church have continued to serve this church and its ministry.  We all pray that Kenly Presbyterian Church will continue to be blessed in its desire to serve God and the community.